Sunday, June 12, 2011

We did go forth with all our might


"And we did take courage, and were fixed with a determination... And thus we did go forth with all our might..." Alma 58

Marv and I have a little grandson named Chase who is not quite 2, and is a determined little sort.  Nothing deters him from getting what he wants, or thinks he needs.  He just goes for it.  I love that about him.  He wakes up each morning, ready to take on the world.  Oh, he has obstacles from time to time.  He has a big brother and sister.  For a not quite 2 year old, they can be HUGE obstacles.


Here is a picture of Chase when he comes face to face with his nemesis--Big Bird.  But look at his stance.  Look at those shoulders, and the head held high.  No one, not even a giant yellow bird is going to get in his way.

We all have Big Birds in our lives.  For some of us, it's an exam that seems impossible to pass.  For others, it may be an unresolved relationship issue at home or at work.  Whatever your Big Bird is, it would be well to remember Chase and his fixed determination, meeting challenges not only head on, but with head held high. 




 This little guy is my inspiration and my joy.

 



1 comment:

  1. I love it! Chase is determined and we can all learn from him. Next time I want something, I'm going to stand next to it, grunt and open and close my fist repeatedly . . . just like Chase does.

    ReplyDelete